Helps reduce Headaches / Migraine, Insomnia, Sinusitis, Compacted ear Wax, Tinnitus, Rhinitis, Jet -Leg, General fatigue & Anxiety etc. The ear candles are made from natural tincture extracted ingredients which include Beeswax, Flax, Honey extracts, and some essential aroma essences. The heat and candle ingredients work to cleanse the ear and regulate pressure within the inner ear, forehead and sinuses. It’s very relaxing, calming and creates a balanced feeling. This includes our unique relaxing ear massage to complete the treatment.
£35.00 – 45-60 minutes
WHAT IT IS
Hopi ear candles are made from and also contain natural tincture extracted herbal ingredients which include Beeswax, Flax, and Honey, Sage, Chamomile and some essential aroma essences. The candles are made with a plug / filter inside which prevents any residue from going into the ear. Thermo-Auricular ear candling treatment is a natural non-invasive and works by drawing out the wax rather than compacting it in further. It is a holistic treatment, so it is not designed to be a specific cure for any particular specific ailment. However, there are considered to be a number of healing benefits and regular treatment is thought to stimulate and heal parts of the mind and body that extend beyond the immediate surroundings of the inner ear. The body has a natural process of cleansing and protecting the inner ear from perceived foreign objects such as small pieces of hair, dust etc., and protection is mostly ensured by the excretion of wax. The more items that fall into the ear the more wax the ear produces, and the wax is naturally expected to migrate out of the ear, but sometimes using cotton wool buds in ears often push the wax further down the canal compacting it, thus leading to hearing problems.
SOME OF THE CONDITIONS HOPI EAR CANDLES HELP:
Ear candling potentially is more effective for relieving wax build, compacted ear wax, irritations and pressure in the ear, while cleansing the sinus cavities of bacteria that thrive in the dark moist conditions of the inner ear to help restore hearing, relieve:
- Sinus Problems; Tinnitus; Rhinitis; Insomnia; General fatigue; Jet -Leg,
- Blockages resulting from swimming, diving, surfing and air travel
- Excess Ear Wax; Tension Headaches; Migraine; Stress & Anxiety
HOW IT WORKS – DURING AND AFTER EAR CANDLING
The candles work on a chimney principle – (a mild suction action occurs and excess wax and impurities can sometimes be gently drawn out of the ear), and as the candle burns down, the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle, generating a massage-like effect on the eardrum whilst the client hears the pleasant tiny vibrations of crackling noises of the flame. The heat and candle ingredients work to cleanse the ear and regulate pressure within the inner ear, forehead and sinuses. Heat vaporises the ingredients and draws them down the ‘chimney’ into the outer ear. The warm vapours massage/vibrate the ear drum and auditory canal which helps to regulate pressure systems within the head, including the sinuses. The warmth and herbs also assists in balancing the fluids and pressure in the ear which can help reduce pain, headaches and nausea arising from imbalances. The aroma of the ingredients is also inhaled into the sinus area which is both relaxing and clearing prompting a feeling of tranquillity, composure, comfort, as well as inducing pain -relief and release to help reduce headaches and migraines or earache from flying or diving. The treatment is very relaxing and takes about 50 to 60 minutes and the treatment will continue to work for 48 hours and wax may also continue to rise to the surface for up to 48 hours.
A client may experience a reaction when the body begins the process of healing itself and eliminating toxins, and these reactions might be a good sign that the body is responding well to the ear candling treatment and is undergoing the boosted healing process, and these reactions could subside in 12-24 hours.
In addition, some of the reactions may also occur after treatment:
- Client might make more visits to the toilet to get rid of waste and toxins
- Might experience light headedness due to sinus pressure change,increased circulation and elimination of toxins, and might also feel Catarrh in the throat as the sinuses clear.
- Increase in mucous from nasal passages
- Might experience changes in sleeping pattern – usually improved
- Changes in appetite due to increase in metabolic rate
- Feeling of fullness in ears which may lead to a temporary reduced hearing.
After Hopi Ear Thermo – Auricular Therapy advice:
- Avoid driving immediately after treatment if you feel excessively drowsy
- Avoid heavy meals for the next few hours & make time to relax, & drink plenty of water or herbal teas; Cut down on smoking;
- It is advisable to avoid swimming for at least 2 days after the treatment and keep the ears warm; avoiding loud music or loud noise.
- Avoid cold winds and draughts if possible on the day following treatment
- Avoid poking the ears with cotton buds or other instruments
- If you suffer from sinus problems reduce the intake of dairy products, as these can create excess mucous
- Try and avoid excess tea, coffee and alcohol for the next 12 hours; Try and reduce caffeine, salt and dairy intake if possible.
- Have regular treatments to keep ears free from congestion
It is advisable not carry out the Thermo- Auricular Hopi Ear Candling treatment too soon after any form of ear surgery and also if the client has any of the following:
- Any condition of the ear for which you are currently receiving medical treatment. Recent use of ear drops or olive oil to the ears within 3 days before treatment takes place;
- Presence of an abnormal bone growth in the middle ear
- Perforated eardrums or lack of eardrums; Recent ear surgery
- Auricular cysts in the ears or tumours in the ear; High blood pressure
- On-going ear or sinus infections; Ear implants;
- Grommets or tubes in the ears; Allergies to any products in the candle;
Difficulty breathing around small amounts of smoke; Inflammation in the ears; Inflammatory conditions, skin irritations affecting the ear and ear passages such as eczema and fungal infections
- An infection of the mastoid bone behind the ear – (Mastoiditis)
People with a history of recurrent serious problems should have their ears checked by a medical
The benefits of Hopi Ear Candling Thermo-Auricular include noticeable improvements as well as relief from some of the following conditions:
- Tinnitus –ringing, buzzing noises in the ear; Rhinitis / Hay fever
- Migraines and headaches; Giddiness; Creates a balanced feeling
- Snoring and Itching in the ears; Swimmer’s ear; Reduce wax build up
- Tonsillitis; Colds, flu and sore throats; Helps boost the immune system
- Anxiety and Stress – the treatment is so relaxing that most people fall asleep and find the therapy very relaxing and calming in times of stress
- Relieve blocked sinuses and release built up pressure
- Boosts the stimulation and detoxification of the lymphatic system;
- Increases blood flow to the affected area promoting necessary healing
- Post flying and driving pressure; Helps to achieve a more balanced emotional state and clearer thinking.